Every child deserves life-saving care
As part of Oregon’s only academic health center, OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital is the only place in the state where breakthrough pediatric research quickly translates into new treatments and access to life-saving care. And it’s all made possible through the generous support of donors.
Oregon’s #1 children’s hospital
Ask the families who have benefitted from the life-saving care at Doernbecher, and they’ll be the first to tell you: Doernbecher Children’s Hospital is a place like no other. U.S. News and World Report agrees, ranking us among the best children’s hospitals in the nation for the last eight years in a row. Here’s what else sets Doernbecher apart:
- The region’s ONLY National Cancer Institute Designated Cancer Center for Phase 1 clinical trials of pediatric cancer patients
- Oregon’s ONLY provider of bone marrow transplants for children
- The most comprehensive fetal therapy program between San Francisco and Seattle
- Oregon’s ONLY pediatric kidney transplant service
- The #1 referral center for cleft palates and craniofacial problems in Oregon
- FIRST dedicated children’s hospital to install an intraoperative (“in surgery”) MRI suite
- Home to the state’s ONLY dedicated center for the treatment of cystic fibrosis
World-class care across the region
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital plays a vital role in the area, offering care and expertise that can’t be found at most local hospitals. It’s the kind of resource that can make a life-or-death difference for the region’s youngest residents.
These children who rely on Doernbecher also rely on you—because none of this is possible without philanthropy.
Eli's StoryRead More
Ella's StoryRead More
Jordan's StoryRead More
Kids need research just for them
Kids aren’t mini adults. Which means that research conducted on adults can’t just be shrunk down to fit children. Kids’ bodies and brains are still developing and growing—and because they have their entire lives ahead of them, it’s important to minimize the long-term effects of any new therapy or treatment. At Doernbecher, our researchers develop innovative treatments designed specifically to benefit our youngest patients.
Doernbecher Philanthropy Board
Meet the members of the board that drives fundraising strategy for Doernbecher.
Get in Touch
For more information on how you can make a difference for OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, please contact Michael Rorabaugh, Assistant Vice President of Development.