Graduating from the OHSU School of Dentistry is just the beginning of your dental career and relationship as an alum. The School of Dentistry and Alumni Association are here to help connect you and support your professional development with resources, events, and the School of Dentistry’s comprehensive Continuing Education Courses. Inclusion in this list does not necessarily imply endorsement by the OHSU School of Dentistry or the School of Dentistry Alumni Association.
Opportunities for continuing education
OCT. | 20 | 2023
Soft Reline For Dentures: An Expanded Functions Course
NOV. | 1 | 2023
NOV. | 4 | 2023
Oral Surgery Updated for the General Dentist
NOV. | 18 | 2023
Dental Photography for Dentists & Dental Team Workshop
NOV. | 29 | 2023
How Low Should You Go? Treatment of the Deep Caries Lesion
DEC. | 2 | 2023
Subgingival Retraction Cord: An Expanded Function Course
Dental associations and societies
Dentistry professional organizations
Recommended professional organizations for OHSU Dentistry alumni to stay current with the profession and network.
American Dental Association
Oregon Dental Association
Academy of General Dentistry
Oregon Academy of General Dentistry
American Association of Endodontists
American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
American College of Prosthodontics
Dental hygiene professional organizations
Other associations and societies
State and federal regulatory agencies
Oregon Board of Dentistry
Oregon Health Licensing Office, Board of Denture Technology
Oregon Bureau of Labor & Industries
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Oregon Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA)
Sites for clinicians
OHSU Library Privileges
If you are an alum of OHSU and are a health professional licensed and practicing in Oregon, you are welcome to use the OHSU Library on Marquam Hill in person during opening hours. Learn more and/or sign up.
- After registering, alumni visiting in person may check out OHSU materials.
- The normal $50 fee charged for check out privileges is waived for alumni.
- Materials borrowed must be returned to the same location, either in person or via mail service.
- MDs and DOs who are licensed to practice in the state of Oregon are provided with a service that can send online academic journal articles.
- Interlibrary loan may also be accessed at your local library. Materials are delivered to your local library and are initially available for a three-week loan, with one renewal. Your local library may charge a fee for this service.
OHSU Library cannot provide off-campus access to online resources to alumni.
Licensed health professionals in Washington may be eligible for a similar program run by the State of Washington. Learn more.